– fabric paint (red and white)
– painter’s tape
1. Try on your jeans and mark where you want your shorts to end. Fold the jeans in half and cut about 1 inch under your mark.
2. Using tape, create stripes on the right side of the shorts. Paint the stripes red, wait for them to dry, then peel off tape and paint that area white.
3. Fold a piece of paper in half, draw and cut out a star shape. This will be your star stencil.
4. Place stencil on the left hand side of the shorts. Hold in place and use the foam paint brush to create the stars.