- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Butter and sugar 4 4-ounce ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel bananas and puree in a food processor until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 1/4 cup sugar to a boil. Simmer 4 minutes or until thickened and sugar has dissolved.
- Add banana puree and cinnamon to sugar syrup, stir until incorporated. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Add remaining tablespoon of sugar and beat to soft peaks.
- Fold cooled banana puree into egg white mixture. Pour into ramekins and place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and immediately turn temperature to 375 degrees. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed up.