You know I’m always down for a goodhack, especially when it involves adhesive wood and no dry wall screws. Granted, you may have to saw a few things but if you have a handy spouse, parent, friend, or a remotely friendly neighbor with some tools, you’ll be fine!
Now let me introduce you to the glory that is Stikwood. It’s reclaimed wood that’s already finished and with adhesive backing on it, which is perfect for those of us that aren’t exactly woodworkers (like myself), but still want the reclaimed wood look. My mind is pretty much swimming with things to stick this genius invention on, but for now I’ll just share my DIYhack headboard to not get too crazed on you right away.
- One case of Stikwood (mine is the Reclaimed Barrel Oak, I only used just over 10 sq. ft) *c/o
- Ikea Malm bedframe (from the Ikea As-is section for $90)
- Rotary saw
- Measuring tape
- Clear, matte polyurethane (you can by it for indoor use if constructing inside)
- Fine sand paper (optional)
- Black sharpie (optional for style)