Forget the brown and orange swirly patterned string art from the ’70s – this string word art is a fun, contemporary and low-cost way to add art to your walls. Random geometric shapes, an ombre effect and the inclusion of type make this string art right on trend. It looks fantastic, can be completed in an afternoon and doesn’t require artistic ability – just follow the step-by-step instructions and you’ll have a gorgeous new art piece ready to hang. This tutorial includes a printable template so there’s no need for you to do the tricky bit of calculating and measuring for the nail placement. It couldn’t be easier!
- What You Need
- 12mm (half inch) thick plywood, 60 x 60 cm (23.5 inches square).
- White acrylic (interior house) paint.
- Paint brush.
- Downloaded and printed template pages.
- 25 mm (1 inch) nails, 1.6 mm size.
- Sandpaper – optional.
- Skeins of embroidery floss: charcoal, deep blue, mid blue x 2, sky blue, light blue, dark teal x 2, mid green, light green, pale aqua, lime.
- Sticky tape.
- Washi tape – optional.