- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour optional toppings: cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on the package and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the Bisquick and water until blended. The mixture will be thick and the texture of pizza dough. Press 1-2 tablespoons of dough in the bottom of each muffin tin and press slightly up the sides.
- Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of taco meat over the top of each dough filled tin. Next spoon about 1-2 teaspoons of black beans over the taco meat in each of the muffin tins.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and remove from the oven. Distribute the 2 cups of cheese over all 12 muffin tins evenly and put back in the oven to bake for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pies from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salsa)