- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter in an electric mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla. Then turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour until just incorporated. Finally, stir in the peanut butter chips and coconut with a wooden spoon.
4. Form the dough into large balls the size of golf balls and roll them in the granulated sugar. Press them down slightly with a fork to make checkerboard marks. Bake them for about 12 minutes or until they are set and the edges are slightly golden.