1. Give yourself a heavy side part and let the hair fall on the opposite side of your head.
2. Starting two inches in from the side of your head with the part, braid a two-inch section of hair, adding a small elastic when you reach the end.
3. Gently separate the braid to create more volume.
4. Lift up a two-inch section of hair on the opposite side of your head. Then wrap the braid around your forehead and pin it underneath the lifted section.
5. Use bobby pins in a cross pin form to secure the braid in place, then drop the section of hair back over the pins to hide them.