- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Princess Cake & Cookie Emulsion
- 1½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup oat flour or finely ground rolled oats
- Assorted colored candy melts
- Paramount crystals (optional)
- Colored nonpareils
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, salt, baking soda, and Princess Cake & Cookie Emulsion until well combined.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour and oat flour, mixing until a soft dough is formed. Divide dough into two rounds, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into ¼-inch thick sheets. Cut cookies using desired shapes and transfer to prepared baking sheets. If cutters are sticking to dough, you may dip them in a light coating of flour if necessary.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottoms and edges.
- When set, transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 cup of candy melts and 1 tablespoon of paramount crystals (if using). Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between and repeating until smooth.
- Dip each cookie in candy melts, tap off excess and transfer to a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle immediately with nonpareils and allow to set until hardened.
- Heat additional candy melts as necessary and repeat until all cookies are decorated.
- Store in an airtight container.